Legend Boats LTD, warrants to the first retail purchaser of a Legend Boat, to repair or replace defects in materials or workmanship that are reported within the applicable warranty periods, subject to the “What Is Not Covered” section below and other limitations set out in this Limited Warranty.
- Limited Lifetime Structural Hull Warranty to the First Purchaser. Legend warrants to the first purchaser to repair or replace, at Legends sole discretion, any defects in material or workmanship to the hull. The “hull” shall mean the fiberglass shell and integral parts within, including transom, stringers, and related structural reinforcements, all of which are below the hull flange. Structural hull defect shall mean damage to the boats hull which renders the boat unfit or unsafe for use as intended.
- Limited Structural Hull Warranty to Second Purchaser. Upon completion of warranty transfer, see “Warranty Registration and Transferability” section, Legend Boats will repair or replace at its sole discretion any defect in material or workmanship in the Legend Boat reported within ten (10) years of the date of the first retail purchase subject to all limitations in this Limited Warranty and the “Warranty Registration and Transferability” section below.
- Limited Warranty of Specific Components. If reported within three (3) yeas from date of first retail purchase, Legend Boats will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, the part or parts found to be defective in material or workmanship on the following factory installed components: a) boat electrical system; b) gauges and instruments; c) steering helm, cylinders, hoses, and cables; d) bilge pumps, aeration pumps and valves; e) seat bases and pedestals; f) fuel tanks; g) deck hardware such as locks, cleats, lid pistons, and fasteners; h) battery chargers.
What is Not Covered
This warranty does not apply to any Legend Boat which has been salvaged or declared a total loss for any reason not covered in this Limited Warranty. This warranty also does not apply to the following:
- Any boat that has been altered or modified by any person or place other than Legend Boats.
- Any damage resulting from collision or impact with another object.
- Windshield damage and leakage around windshields, lids, or compartment openings.
- Damage, tearing, fading, shrinkage, or deterioration of carpet, upholstery, or other soft goods.
- Cracking, crazing, fading, chalking, blistering or discoloration of gelcoat finishes.
- Any Legend Boat that has been used for racing, speed or endurance tests or any other non traditional use will be considered misused and will result in cancellation of this warranty.
- Any non-compliance of maximum horsepower or weight limits as stated on the U.S. Coast Guard Capacity Sticker in each boat will result in cancellation of the warranty.
- Damage caused by an unapproved trailer, failure to employ trailer tie down straps and or failure to use a lower unit support device when transporting boat.
- Damage from failure to perform routine maintenance including but not limited to maintaining proper tightness of engine mounting bolts.
- Estimated characteristics of the boat such as speed, fuel consumption, range or performance.
- Any defect arising from previous repair made by a non-authorized provider, unless repair was pre-approved by Legend Boats in writing.
- Any transportation, launch, hauling, storage, loading or other expenses incurred in returning a Legend Boat for warranty service.
- Any loss of time, loss of use, inconvenience, boat payment or loss of or damage to personal property.
- Components and accessories warranted by other manufacturers, including but not limited to; engines, controls, propellers, batteries, trolling motors, electronics, upholstery and trailers and trailer accessories.
To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, contact your Legend dealer within the applicable warranty period. The owner is responsible for the expenses associated with transporting the boat to and from the repair facility. Please notify Legend of any Legend Boat being repaired by an authorized Legend dealer which has been at the dealership past fifteen (15) days, or of any claim which was not corrected after one repair attempt.
Legend Boats must receive written notice of any warranty claim prior to the expiration of the warranty time period and be allowed an opportunity to resolve the matter.
Warranty Registration and Transferability:
Dealer must submit the boat registration to Legend Boats within thirty (30) days of sale to the first purchaser in order to activate warranty. The unexpired term of the three (3) year Limited Specific Warranty and ten (10) year Limited Structural Hull Warranty may be transferred to a second owner within five (5) years of the original purchase. The transferred Limited Warranty will become effective after the second owner has completed a warranty transfer form and submitted other required pertinent documentation along with a $300.00 processing fee to Legend Boats within thirty (30) days of purchase. Legend Boats reserves the right to reject any warranty transfer request for a boat that has been damaged or previously excluded from its Limited Warranty.
Remedy under this warranty is expressly limited to repair or replacement of defects in materials or workmanship, and does not include incidental or consequential damages, which are specifically disclaimed. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Implied warranties are limited in duration to the applicable period of this written warranty and are expressly disclaimed after the expiration of the warranty period. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description of this document. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights which vary from state to state.
This document contains the entire warranty given by Legend Boats LTD. Legend Boats LTD Does not authorize any person or persons, including Legend Dealers, Sales Representatives, Salespeople or Employees to change or alter any terms or conditions of this expressed limited warranty.
To file a Legend warranty claim, contact Legend Boats Warranty Manager Deryl Janzen at 870.481.6750 or email@example.com.